Wednesday, May 16, 2007

what? me like to eat?

so it looks like Valley Grrrl has tagged me to write about my top five fave places to eat. So what the hell, let's see how this turns out.

1. Don Cucos on Brand drinking margaritas and eating combo platters. I remember sitting on their sidewalk patio on the afternoon of January 2, looking at all the day old Rose Bowl floats parked up and down the street. Very strange and very cool. I know VG talked about how we used to eat prime rib every weekend at Damons and while that is absolutely true, we spent just as much time at Don Cuco's.

2. The Sherman Room - dark and cheap. And within walking distance of our new digs deep in the valley. And, oddly enough, not mob controlled even though it looks like it might be. All are welcome so come on by.

3. Casa Vega - I know, I know, another Mexican restaurant but what the hell do you want? It's LA. I do love this place, though. Again, it's dark and the drinks are strong but just make sure you get there early. No reservations and the line starts snaking out the door by like 5pm. But that's okay because you can get your buzz on with the sun up. And sometimes that's just fine.

4. God, we just don't eat out that much anymore. Do we suck that bad?

5. I know VG said that we ate lunch together all the time at the Disney Comm but I remember us eating lunch together every day outside the Frank G. Wells building We'd take turns making lunch and eat at these little tables they had set up in the patio. Either way, I loved eating with her then and I still love our meals out.

Honorable Mention - Japonais in Las Vegas. We went here for VG's birthday and it was out of this FREAKING WORLD good. Make sure you order The Rock appetizer and the spicy tuna roll inside out and whatever else you happen to point at on the menu. So good. So very, very good.

I'm supposed to tag people but I don't know anyone so I guess this dies here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw shucks. You forgot The Newsroom. I left it off so you could write about our first date. Oh well. You still made me cry.

I love you.

10:07 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

OK, because VG said you made her cry, it made me cry.

We are sisters after all. We are also wussy criers.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the "editor" reads blogs, but doesn't actually WRITE them. Hmmmmm.

11:06 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

I am compiling my response.
It takes time.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Back at the office