Wednesday, July 12, 2006

surf city

A couple of weekends ago I had my fourth surf lesson and I was able to stand up and actually catch a wave.

While it was pretty cool, it wasn't the life changing experience I had hoped it would be.

Later, on the beach, my instructor told me that I was making great progress. He said I was really seeing the waves and that my vision of the sets had really improved.

And we sat there in the sand for a few minutes, the sun drying us, watching the waves curl and break around the pier.

What I didn't tell him was that this was the first lesson I wore my contacts into the ocean.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelvis said...

He he. Now tell the one about the Polish evil twins!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Joe Powell said...

surfing AND screenwriting???

i think i may have to hate you now.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Back at the office