Monday, April 17, 2006

monkeys and typewriters

I'm sad. I read in the trades the other day that a story was optioned by a production company that has a first look deal over at Fox. The log line in the paper is the same for a script I wrote a few years back and have tried unsuccessfully to sell. When I tell this to people, their first reaction is, "Dude, you've been ripped off." But I know that it was bound to happen. You put enough monkeys in front of enough typewriters and bingo; one of them is going to write your script.

It's really not about the script. It's about working hard and getting the deal done. Things I don't do.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

LA-B! You and Kelvis are two of the "doing-ess" people I know! You have tiled a bathroom for goodness sake! I know it's not the same as selling a script, but don't let yourself believe that you aren't "doing" enough.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Back at the office