Wednesday, April 05, 2006

the lazy writer

I wrote a screenplay recently that I plan on submitting to Sundance for their screenwriter's lab. The application is due May 1 and I've kind of muddled through most of it but it's nowhere near ready and I can hear the clock ticking. I'm trying to re-jigger my schedule (something that has worked for me in the past) by getting up early and working then. However, instead of working, I often find myself:

1. Reading the LA Times.
2. Drinking coffee.
3. Talking to the cats.
4. Reading blogs.
5. And now, obviously, posting to this blog.

I'm both proud and ashamed of myself. Proud that I can actually drag myself out of bed around 4:30 in the morning but shamed by the fact that I spend that valuable time stacking yesterday's mail or cleaning up my desktop.

I will get this done, though. I must.

Today I'm wearing brown socks with black shoes to the office. I wonder if anyone will notice...

3 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

Don't let Kelvis see that sock and shoe combo. She'll get crazy.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Kelvis said...

Not nearly as crazy as she gets when she hears that her husband is getting up at 4:30am to sit around and talk to the cats.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Joe Powell said...

Good for you for writing a script and pushing it out there for the world to see!!

Can you leak any details of the plot??

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Back at the office