Sunday, March 19, 2006

freaking bathroom

So, I've been pretty busy trying to redo the upstairs bathroom. It's been two weeks and here's what I've done so far. Not too bad, but there's miles to go yet before I sleep.

Here's an idea of what the place looked like before (look at the wallpaper and floor.)



So Kelvis and I decided to redo the whole place. The first trick was to put down a new floor. Of course, I've never done this before, but what the hell. I'll give ti a shot.

First, I had to pull all the crappy old lady linoleum and weird rubber floor boards off (not to mention to wall paper.)



So then I laid down the backer board.



And then I had to put down these crazy 1"x 1" Roman tiles.


Then, it had to be grouted (and the walls had to be primed)...



Here's a closer look.


And that's pretty much where we are. The plan is that tomorrow I'll stop by the Home Depot on my way home from work and pick up the paint ("Poker Face") and then paint the place. Later this week we'll put in the floorboards and then I'll put the toilet back and then we should be sitting pretty (so to speak.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"we" could use a handyman with your grasp of the lingo

5:44 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Wow! LA Barabbas! Kelvis has sure bit you with the home improvement bug. I wish you would put up pics of what the place looked like when you all moved in with all crazy plastic flowers. Also, a pic of the downstairs loo with the velvet Elvis painting would be keen!

7:59 PM  
Blogger la.barabbas said...

Hey. Ask me how I managed to get a contractor's discount on these tile...

9:19 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Um... how did you mangae to get a contractor's discount on the til La-B?

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Back at the office